ADSM-L

Re: Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records

1997-08-19 11:57:41
Subject: Re: Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:57:41 -0400
Ken,
        I'm pretty sure that ADSM doesn't keep track Export tapes and only
writes this the volume history file for informational purposes.  You
should be able to just reuse the tape... the information about the tape
will remain in the volume history file until you do a  DELETE VOLHIST
TYPE=EXPORT.   ADSM doesn't need the volume history information to
import a tape.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com