ADSM-L

Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records

1997-08-19 11:39:46
Subject: Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records
From: Ken Puckett <KenP AT EIG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:39:46 -0700
I'm using ADSM's EXPORT function as a way of archiving data without
having to touch the clients.  Say I have the following scenario:

Date          Volume Type    Volume Name
----------    -----------    -----------
08/01/1997    EXPORT         100
08/01/1997    EXPORT         100
08/08/1997    EXPORT         200
08/15/1997    EXPORT         300

If I want to keep volumes 100 and 300, but no longer need 200, is there
a way to delete the volume history record for 200 so it can be returned
to scratch?  Looks like if I really wanted to delete the record for 200,
I would be deleting the record for 100 as well, since I can only delete
records by specifying a date & deleting all records of a certain type
before that date.

Alternately, if I can't free up tape 200 without deleting the record for
100, is there a way to later re-insert the tape for 100 and perform an
IMPORT from it even if I don't have a volume history record for 100?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have!

Ken Puckett
Network Manager
Eagle Insurance Group, Inc.
(206) 933-6235