ADSM-L

Out of Memory solution for incrementals

1997-08-18 04:41:25
Subject: Out of Memory solution for incrementals
From: Jeff Hoover <jhoover AT CNMAILSVR.NMSU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:41:25 +0000
Some of you may remember that I wrote in a coupe of weeks ago about our
backups would not finish and we were getting an out of memory message. Well
last night I finally got a good backup.

If some of you are still having this problem try using the SLOWINCREMENTAL
option on your backup. What this does is cause ADSM to backup one directory at
a time, thus using less memory.

I hope this works for others as well as it did for me. Also beware, when it
says slow it means slow. The backup I ran took 10 hours.

Jeff Hoover
Systems Programmer
New Mexico State University

jhoover AT nmsu DOT edu