ADSM-L

Re: ADSM MVS Server Performance

1997-08-15 13:43:22
Subject: Re: ADSM MVS Server Performance
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:43:22 -0400
At 12:01 PM 8/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Date:     August 7, 1997           Time: 10:23 AM
>From:     Jerry Lawson
>          The Hartford Insurance Group
>(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
>The MVS performance guy in our shop has finally come over to see me about
>ADSM performance.

Jerry;  I agree with others comments about looking at your bufferpool size.
We run ADSM on AIX, not MVS, but increasing the bufferpool made a dramatic
effect on reducing expiration processing time.  Check your cache hit rate
and consider increasing your bufferpool if the rate is lower than 98%.

..Paul