ADSM-L

Problem configuring a ATL 7100 DLT library with AIX ADSM.

1997-08-07 16:19:48
Subject: Problem configuring a ATL 7100 DLT library with AIX ADSM.
From: Mike Leuthold <leuthold AT SNOW.ATMO.ARIZONA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:19:48 -0700
Hi:
        I am trying to configure a ATL 7100 to work with IBM's ADSM and I'm
having some trouble.  I am using the 7100's feature to change it's id to
a 4/52 and have installed the most recent version of ADSM that supports
DLT7000 drives.  (2.1.0.13)  I am able to create devices for both the library
and tape drives, but when I attempt to add the library within adsm, I get the
error....

ANR8300E I/O error on library ATL7100 (OP=00006C01, CC=207, KEY=FF, ASC=FF,
ASCQ=FF, Description=Device is not in a state capable of performing request).
Refer to Appendix B in the 'Messages' manual for recommended action.

where the message in the manual is

'Illegal Request'

Is anyone using the ATL 7100 sucessfully with ADSM? (or not?)
Thanks.

Mike Leuthold
Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
University of Arizona
leuthold AT air.atmo.arizona DOT edu
520-621-2863