ADSM-L

My analysis of the "real" point of this message...

2015-10-04 18:06:06
Subject: My analysis of the "real" point of this message...
From: Kelly J. Lipp
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
IBM,

ADSM is different.  ADSM support must be different.  If this requires a =
separate support organization for ADSM, create it, staff it and make it =
the best in the industry.

I believe the folks active in this list server are ADSM zealots. They =
like the product, would hate to use something else, but they expect a =
lot from their vendor.  You, IBM, are the biggest and the baddest on the =
block.  You can, and should provide better.  I recommend that my =
potential ADSM customers subscribe to this list serve to see first hand =
what others have to say about ADSM.  This has been tremendously helpful =
(thanks to all who use this thing).  However, for them to see a wart =
(for those non-english speakers, a large, noticeable, painful piece of =
flesh in some undesireable part of your body) of this size with respect =
to support is not helping us sell the product.

May I recommend that the person responsible within IBM form a working =
group consisting of folks from this group and from the internal support =
organization to create a reasonable support structure for ADSM?  This =
working group should complete its work within 30 days and the new =
organization should be in place within 60 days.  Let's not analyze this =
to death, but rather fix it and move on.  Version 3 is going to place an =
incredible load on all of us.  We don't need the added aggravation of =
sub par support.

Thanks,

Kelly, You Can Count On Me to Stay On This Soap Box, Lipp