ADSM-L

restore question

1997-07-31 10:13:59
Subject: restore question
From: Matthias Brasch <M_Brasch AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:13:59 -0400
Hi ADSM'ers,

I've got an problem :

One of my users has deleted his whole subdir-path some days before and
is now calling me to help him. So all files became 'inactive' for adsm.
How can I restore all files which were on his drive without getting back
all
files he deleted in the past. I don't know the time-window ( fromdate ).
The only thing that I want is to get back the files as they where on the
server
last monday.
Would the 'todate-option' in combination with 'latest-option' work ?
I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work.
After 3 hours of thinking ADSM restore ends with the
error ANS4093E ( trying to restore dir-name where an file already exists
with the same name ), so I saw that this couldn't be the situation of last
monday.
There is a lot of garbage in the inactive files and I don't want to restore
everything
( and I can't because of the error above ).

Does anyone have a solution without giving the exact time window ???

best regards, Matthias Brasch, HEW-Hamburg Germany