ADSM-L

Re[2]: Re[2]: Problem with Server Version 2.1.5.13 on AIX 4.1.4

1997-07-31 04:04:02
Subject: Re[2]: Re[2]: Problem with Server Version 2.1.5.13 on AIX 4.1.4
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:04:02 +0200
Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA writes:
 > FTP to index.storsys.ibm.com or a mirror site... the drivers are in
 > /devdrvr/AIX

Atape can be found there, but atldd cannot! (In fact, there are 7 versions
of Atape; which one should I use? The README describes different, older
versions.)

And /devdrvr/README says:

 !!!!! WARNING !!!!!  -- AIX 3494 Users.
  The Atape device driver is used in conjunction with companion
  driver atldd. If you upgrade Atape.driver without upgrading
  the atldd device driver, you are exposed to failure.
  Please see file /devdrvr/drivers.access if you are attaching
  device type 3494 to AIX.
 !!!!! END WARNING !!!!!

I will try to follow the procedure described in /devdrvr/drivers.access
in order to get the version of atldd which we need, but if atldd has to fit
to Atape, they should both be in /devdrvr/AIX, together with a clear
indication which versions fit.

By the way, is /devdrvr mirrored? I could not find it at
ftp.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de.

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet