ADSM-L

Re: ReY2": Problem with Server Version 2.1.5.13 on AIX 4.1.4

1997-07-30 16:22:55
Subject: Re: ReY2": Problem with Server Version 2.1.5.13 on AIX 4.1.4
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:22:55 EDT
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:21:44 -0700, David Ong responded:

>I don't know about the mirrored sites but I just checked
>index.storsys.ibm.com and atldd is not in /devdrvr/AIX. I've always had to
>get it from some other authorized ftp server the name of which I cannot
>remember. Perhaps one of the IBMers can tell us what it is and also who to
>contact to get authorization for access.

I believe the Atape (3590) driver is the only part available by anonymous
ftp.  For the atldd (3494) you must go another route.  This is probably to
verify we have paid for the right to use the code.  The following is an
extract from /devdrvr/drivers.access on index.storsys.ibm.com.  I have used
the authenticated ftp method with success.  I haven't tried the 800 number.

       Mike (Just another user) Knight