ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:44
     One of our most utilized servers only has two drives.  In the early
     going it was kind'a tough 'cause there was a little bug that, if a
     data set spaned volumes it would want both mounted concurrently
     leaving no drive available for output! That has since been fixed.  So
     just make sure you have the latest code and it should run as smooth as
     if you have a 1/2 dozen drives.  My basic schedule belief is:
     1) backups during the night
     2) adsm db backup first thing in the morning
     3) migrate diskpool to tapepool
     4) (incremental db backup if you want)
     5) expiration
     6) reclamation
     7) ('nother inc db bkup)
     8) set for the next round

     If you have a 3494ATL library defined with 3590 drives,  just make
     sure the "mountlimit" is set to the number of drives you have (2),
     then initiate the reclamation with an admin sched event of :
     upd stg tapepool recl=80
     then all tapes with only 20% valid data will be consolidated
     let t his run a few hours then halt it with another admin sched event:
     upd stg tapepool recl=100
     when the running process finishes its current volume it will
     terminate.

     later
          Dwight