ADSM-L

Re: Undocumented DRM Message on "PREPARE"

1997-07-29 11:15:00
Subject: Re: Undocumented DRM Message on "PREPARE"
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:15:00 CST
Help 6922 from the adsm admin (dsmadmc on aix) says this.  Basically, you
can add information about the clients to help you do a restore.   Check out
page 393 (chapter 15) of the ADSM Administrator's Guide

ANR6922W  Command: NO MACHINE INFORMATION WAS DEFINED FOR THE MACHINE THAT
CONTAINS ADSM SERVER server name.

EXPLANATION:  The machine information has not been saved in the ADSM data
base.

SYSTEM ACTION:  The recovery plan file does not contain the machine and
recovery media information stanzas.

USER RESPONSE:  If you want to include the machine information in the
recovery
plan file, issue the DEFINE MACHINE command to save the machine information
in
the ADSM data base and reissue the PREPARE command.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics