ADSM-L

Re: Novell wants a user name -Reply

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: Re: Novell wants a user name -Reply
From: Chris Berthaut
To: andy AT asp DOT com; ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Andy,
All of what you suggested has already been done. The Command line
includes the node's ADSM password, the NWPWFILE is set to YES. Yet if
the server is taken down, it does not always start up right. The =
scheduler
runs, gets it's schedule, but when it goes to start, it sits at a prompt =
for a
user name and password, which has been given the first time it ran. Any
further ideas on this?
Thanks!!
Chris Berthaut
Hibernia National Bank
New Orleans, LA=20

>>> Andy Thomas <andy AT ASP DOT COM> 07/23/97 02:35pm >>>
Novell can't use "passwordaccess generate".  If you have the ADSM
client scheduler start on reboot, you must specify the password on the
command line in the autoexec.ncf file (e.g. load dsmc sched
-password=3D???).  The ADSM Novell client also wants a Novell username
and password so, from what I understand,  the ADSM server can
and password so, from what I understand,  the ADSM server can
connect back into the Novell server and pull files to backup.  To make =
the
ADSM Novell client remember the Novell username and password after
you enter it, put  "NWPWFile Yes" in the dsm.opt file.  You must then =
run a
dsmc session so it can prompt you for the Novell username and
password.  I believe that if you are using Novell 4.X you have to enter =
the
username using the full NDS path, but I could be wrong.  I usually end =
up
entering every NDS-user-password combo I can think of until one works.

        -andy
Andy Thomas                     Aspen Consulting
IT Engineer                     847-806-1220
andy AT asp DOT com                    www.asp.com