ADSM-L

Re: STORAGELIST BY NODE

1997-07-23 14:20:59
Subject: Re: STORAGELIST BY NODE
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:20:59 -0400
Hi Scott,
 Two possible solutions:
  1) use the undocumented 'show volumeusage "nodename"' command or
  2) use the 'q v stg=your.storage.group' command and use the output from
     this to do a 'q contents' - I do something similar to create a list of
     3480 cartridges to be stuffed back in our silo/robot so the data can be
     moved to 3490s.

  <--Sample UNIX c-shell code for option 2 attached -->.
# start of code #
 dsmadmc -id=aaaaa -pas=bbbbb "q v  stg=backups" > tape.list.out
 awk '/^R/ {print $1}' tape.list.out | sed -n '1,50p' > tape.50.list
 # query contents
foreach v (`cat tape.50.list`)
dsmadmc -id=admin -pas=admin "q con $v count=1" >> tape.contents
end
grep -F 'ANS5101I\
Bkup' tape.contents > tape.contents.short
lp  tape.contents.short
rm tape.contents tape.contents.short
# end of my simple code #

The above code isn't exactly what you asked for, but its a start and
much faster than the 'show' command.

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Technical Principal        330-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH
Former CICS techie seeking the riches of UNIX Administration