ADSM-L

Re: reclamation versus scheduled backups

1997-07-22 11:02:00
Subject: Re: reclamation versus scheduled backups
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:02:00 -0400
The simplest way would be to change the reclamation limits on the storage
pool in question around the backup time, and ensure that any active
Reclamation processes are cancelled.

From: cjsienki @ POP500.GSFC.NASA.GOV on 22/07/97 10:33 AM AST

To:   ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU
cc:    (bcc: ADSM)
Subject:  reclamation versus scheduled backups

Tape space reclamation is taking priority over my scheduled backups.
I don't want to disable the reclamation...but is there a way to confine
*when* the reclamation runs?  My backup window is from 5PM-5AM, and
sometimes reclamation is running during that time, and nearly all
host backups in the scheduled backup are missed.

Any tips on this topic would be greatly appreciated!  ;>

cjs
Carolyn Sienkiewicz
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
RMS/NASA GSFC/Flight Dynamics