ADSM-L

Re: WEBSHELL RESTORE ISSUES

1997-07-22 04:54:54
Subject: Re: WEBSHELL RESTORE ISSUES
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:54:54 +0100
Hello,

I've tested the very interesting ADSM Webshell on NT.
But I've opened 4 problems:
Webshell initiate a new session with the server each time you do
"ENTER" -> many many many sessions to restore one only file.
In the restore option, the left part named "Directories" shows the
directories in a linear form reather than in a hierarchical way.
If you ommit to end the destination directory with a \, the directory
name is taken for a file name. As result that all restores are directed
to this file.
Disk label must be in upper case and extra backup versions are not
supported.

And I am waiting on solutions until april 22 '97

Francis.

Brian Jones wrote:

>      HI ADSMER'S,
>
>      I have the webshell client installed on several NT nodes. I ran into a
>      problem with restoring files.
>
>      When I click on a drive and then go to Restore Selection the only
>      directory that shows up is root. I see a period followed by 2 periods
>      which usually equates to going up one level.
>
>      Has anyone seen this? The webshell client seems to have to potential
>      to be a very good tool.
>
>      Thanks,
>
>      Brian Jones
>      UBS

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belguim
ADSM Server Administrator       Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 Brussels
Storage Management              E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be