ADSM-L

Re: Serialization of Server commands,

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: Re: Serialization of Server commands,
From: Hilton Tina [SMTP:HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I think I tried this, but I can't remember for sure because I tried so
many
things and it became a blur after awhile.  The commit command says it
commits commands that update the database.  Otherwise, if the macro
terminates the commands would be undone (rolled back).  I think it refers
commands like grant and register that take place immediately, rather than
commands (like backup) that also update tapes.  It also doesn't say it
causes the next command to wait until the first command has completed.

Let me know if you try it and whether or not it works.  If it does work,
it
could come in handy.

Tina