ADSM-L

Re: volhist and backup db

1997-07-14 19:35:53
Subject: Re: volhist and backup db
From: Laurence Beard <lbeard AT CSCNZ.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:35:53 +1200
     To all,

     When I backup a the ADSTAR database I create a scratch tape say BKUP1
     and use backup db... on to this. In volhist this is marked as
     FULLBACKUP (?). If I reuse this tape, it will not allow me to backup
     onto the tape of the same name. How can I reuse this name again ? I
     can't use DELETE VOLUME as it is not in a storage pool. I want to
     reuse the name for my backup cycle.

                                Regards
                                Laurence Beard
                                lbeard AT cscnz.co DOT nz