ADSM-L

ADSM Server no connect to IBM3494

1997-07-11 11:57:08
Subject: ADSM Server no connect to IBM3494
From: Craig Bell <rcbell AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:57:08 -0400
You are probably going to need to get service involved with this one, to get
tracing and so on, but there one thing that is a known problem I can tell you
about that has similar symptoms.  I have seen two cases recently where the 3494
Library Manager 's volume inventory database has broke, so that when ADSM
queries it the LM keeps sending the same set of volumes over and over
endlessly.  This is where the hang is, and ADSM will need to have something put
in to detect it.

To see if this is it, use the command:
  mtlib -l/dev/lmcp0 -qI

(lmcp0 could be lmcp1 or whatever.)  This command will give you a list of all
the volume names and their category.  If it loops endlessly, that is it.
Sevice will need your LM transaction logs and you may have to rebuild your LM
inventory.

Craig Bell