ADSM-L

Re: restore -fromn

1997-07-08 19:19:15
Subject: Re: restore -fromn
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 19:19:15 -0400
ADSM does not support cross-platform restores or retrieves. That is, you can
not restore NT client data to AIX, AIX client data to NetWare, NetWare data to
AIX, Mac data to Windows, etc. There is a bug, however, in the UNIX clients
that allows you to view NetWare filespaces. APAR IC17334 was taken to address
this, as the filespace should not be displayed if it isn't supported on that
platform.

Chapter 1 in the "Using the <xyz> Backup-Archive Client" manuals describe which
file system types are supported for that platform.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Raibeck/San Jose/IBM on 07-08-97

        ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU