ADSM-L

Restore Volume

1997-07-08 15:58:18
Subject: Restore Volume
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:58:18 -0600
One of my DLT tapes has become a tastey meal for one of my tape drives, and
I now have the pleasure of restoring the tape from a copy storagepool.  I
read in the Administrators Guide that there is a PREVIEW=VOLUMESONLY for
the restore v command, but this is an unknown option to the server..

What gives?  Is there a workaround besides going through the motions of
a restore volume preview=yes?  I certainly hope that the 'volumesonly' feature
of this command will be returned!

AIX server V2 R1 M5 PTF 12++ under AIX V4.2

Bob Booth