ADSM-L

ADSM HSM for NT Client or OPEN/Stor ?

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: ADSM HSM for NT Client or OPEN/Stor ?
From: Francis Maes
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Boujour,

I have read the announcement for ADSM V3: many good news but nothing
about HSM for NT client.

On March 4, 1997, IBM wrote
(http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/adsm.adsmov.htm):
"We intent to expand the availability of the HSM feature to additional
platforms in the future".
So IBM, how long will this future be for HSM NT Client.

ADSM documentation points to KODAK(Wang) OPEN/Stor software.
Does somebody have experience with this software?
Any information over use of OPEN/Stor for NT will be welcome.

Merci.

Francis.

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belguim
ADSM Server Administrator       Rue Foss=E9-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 =
Brussels
Storage Management              E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be