ADSM-L

Authentication Question

1997-06-28 17:17:18
Subject: Authentication Question
From: Rudinei Kalil <rkalil1 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 14:17:18 -0700
Hello,
 we are running ADSM Server 2.1.5.12 and ADSM Client 2.1.0.6 on AIX
4.1.5
 We are trying to do a selective backup as ordinary user from a file
with
 777 permissions but this user isn't the owner.
 The problem is that when we issue 'select <filename>' at dsmc prompt,
we
 receive: ANS4228E Sending of object '/tmp/teste/a' failed
          ANS4149E Not file owner
          ANS4677E Selective Backup finished with failures
 This problem is totally related to parameters 'PASSWORDACCESS' set to
 GENERATE and 'PASSWORDDIR <path>' in dsm.sys client file.  When we try
 to do the same backup as root user, it works
perfectly.
 We are using both parameters to not be prompted for
password.
 If we remove those parameters, we will be prompted for password
and
 entering it, we will do this backup without
problems.
 Is there a way to backup 777 files as ordinary user without be
prompted,
 but automating this authentication process ?
 Remember we are just trying to backup this file, not restore.
 At AIX prompt, we can 'cat' or 'rm' the same file without problems.
 Below follows the configuration files of our client machine:
 ------------------dsm.opt----------------------------------
 SErvername   rkalil
 ------------------dsm.sys----------------------------------
 SErvername         rkalil