ADSM-L

Re: Tape Deletion Installation-Wide Exit and CA-1 (TMS)

1997-06-27 09:09:21
Subject: Re: Tape Deletion Installation-Wide Exit and CA-1 (TMS)
From: Jim Kleberg <jrkleberg AT STATESTREET DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:09:21 -0400
     We are doing this successfully with CA-TLMS.  Make sure that you mark
     ALL tapes as permanent when they are created.  Let ADSM control all
     scratches.  We ran into some trouble when we tried to match up TLMS
     retention periods with those of our DEVCLASS parameters.

Author:  TEHorn (TEHorn AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM)
Date:    6/26/97 9:34 PM

Is any one successfully using a tape deletion Installation-wide exit with
CA-1 TMS to have TMS scratch a tape when ADSM is done using it?

Regards

Tom Horn
Comerica, Inc.
TEHorn AT compuserve DOT com