ADSM-L

VOLHIST & DEVCONFIG Allocations on MVS

1997-06-24 17:07:15
Subject: VOLHIST & DEVCONFIG Allocations on MVS
From: "T. R. Rhodes" <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:07:15 MDT
      ID TRR  MS 2604
      208-526-9903
Below is what they are for my volhistory file. Hope this helps.
If you just do a volhistory backup to a file name it will create this file.

 Device type  . . .  : 3380            Allocated extents . : 2
 Organization . . .  : PS
 Record format  . .  : VB
 Record length  . .  : 1028
 Block size . . . .  : 6144           Current Utilization
 1st extent blocks   : 14              Used blocks . . . . : 21
 Secondary blocks .  : 50              Used extents  . . . : 2

tuner of the OMEGA SERVER
LMITC
mail trr AT inel DOT gov
*** Reply to note of 06/24/97 13:44
To: ADSML   --INELMAIL ADSML

Hello All,

I've tried to find some documentation that would tell me how the
VOLHIST & DEVCONFIG files should be allocated on ADSM/MVS.  I can't
find it.  Can someone either tell me where I should look, or tell me
the attributes these datasets are supposed to have?

Elvin Peterson
S.C. Johnson Wax