ADSM-L

Re: Ye ole "missing tape" problem

1997-06-23 14:13:27
Subject: Re: Ye ole "missing tape" problem
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:13:27 EDT
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:27:50 -0400 "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" said:
>Martha,
>        Since copy storagepools aren't an option in ADSM V1, I think you'll
>need to issue the DELETE VOLUME vvvvvv DISCARDDATA=YES.    You might
>want to do a Q CONTENT on the missing tape first to find out what's been
>lost.
>
>Tim

Ahhhh....I wondered why I was drawing a blank on the "copy storagepool"
idea.  I was worried I was losing too many brain cells...%-)

The tape pool in question is holding stuff from a LFS disk for a special
project, so I'm not very worried about the data.  I just wanted to get my
operators off my back.  "DELETE VOLUME" makes sense, don't know why I didn't
think of it.

Thanks everyone,
Martha