ADSM-L

Hangs During NDS Backup

1997-06-23 14:07:53
Subject: Hangs During NDS Backup
From: Ken Rackow <Ken_Rackow AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 13:07:53 -0500
     We are using ADSM version 2, release 1, level 0.9 on an MVS server to
     back up our Novell 4.11 file servers (running client Version 2,
     release 1, level 0.7). As part of the nightly backup schedule, we
     perform an incremental backup of one of our Netware 4.11 file servers,
     then, later, we perform a SELECTIVE to back up the NDS on the same
     file server.

     Twice now in the past two weeks, the DMSC NLM has hung immediately
     after the NDS backup started.  If an attempt is made to unload the
     hung NLM, the Netware server console also hangs, and no server console
     is available until the file server is re-booted.  DSMERROR.LOG doesn't
     indicate any errors, and DSMSCHED.LOG just shows the NDS backup
     starting, but no other information.  Querying the log on the ADSM
     server just indicates that the scheduled event starts, then the error:
     ANR0482W Session 423 for node XXXXXXX (NetWare) terminated - idle for
     more than 15 minutes.

     Has anyone else seen or repaired this problem?