ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Mary, I recently questioned Techsupt AT vnet.ibm DOT com regarding Mac name
space
and here's the response:

Hi Dennis,
yes, the adsm netware client does support long filenames.
There is 1 restriction however, which is documented in the readme file.
It goes as follow :
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are backing up NetWare servers with the MAC name
space and are currently running TSA311.NLM version 4.04, February 9 1995
you may want to contact either IBM or Novell for a TSA311.NLM patch.
This TSA does not properly back up Macintosh executables.
Please note that the long file names are restored if the restore is to
the original directory.  If the restore is done to a different directory,
only the 8.3 format name is restored.
Regards,
Sid Wong
-*-*-Current ADSM Info: http://www.storage.ibm.com/adsm -*-*-*-
Are you on our "ADSM Friends" distribution list?
Are you on our "ADSM Friends" distribution list?
If not, send a note to ADSTARSW at SJEVM5 or E-mail us
at adstarsw AT vnet.ibm DOT com and ask to be included!
*** Forwarding note from SMTP4   --IINUS1   06/17/97 17:58 ***
   with TCP; Tue, 17 Jun 97 21:00:47 EDT

 (Embedded
 image moved   Mary_Vollmer @ MGIC.COM
 to file:      06/18/97 02:13 PM