ADSM-L

Re: COLLOCATION implementation

1997-06-17 13:37:14
Subject: Re: COLLOCATION implementation
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:37:14 -0400
I think it depends on your environment.

In our case, we only had about 20 clients registered initially, and we
have an automated tape library.

I just changed the attributes of the existing storage pool to collocate,
and let ADSM deal with it.

You can mark existing tapes as "read only" to ensure they don't get
reused, and let them gradually expire or force them out of existence
with a Move Data.

There are lots of other combinations/permutations depending on what you
are trying to optimize.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert