ADSM-L

automounts for SunOS entry

1997-06-17 11:36:51
Subject: automounts for SunOS entry
From: Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:36:51 -0400
Has anyone run into problems using the automount option
with the 2.1.6 SunOS client on a Sun running 4.1.4?

We have an entry in the dsm.sys file:
        automount /autohome/nfs-server

where nfs-server is a machine containtin 100GB of data which
is automounted to this particular client.

On the client machine

client:/autohome# ls -l
total 3
dr-xr-xr-x  1 root          512 May  7 19:16 .
drwxr-sr-x 34 root         1536 Jun 16 11:46 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root           25 Jun 17 11:29 nfs-server ->
/tmp_mnt/autohome/nfs-server
client:/autohome# pwd
/autohome

The symbolic links seem to be the only thing being backed up, none of the actual
files/data. Even though the dsmsched.log shows 2.2 million files
checked and many,many with a "Sent" status as processed.

TIA,
Sean Curran

--