ADSM-L

Re: Use of DLT tape libraries

1997-06-16 16:25:04
Subject: Re: Use of DLT tape libraries
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:25:04 -0400
We are using an STK 9710 (which I think is fundamentally the same as a
9714) with 5 DLT drives, and it is superb.
So far it appears to even outperform our 9710's with 3490 drives!

Be aware that to fully use it, you need the STK ACSLS software and the
Adsm Enhanced Server code.
(Some resellers don't make that clear when you order the box.)

And read the instructions in the Enhanced Server README file CAREFULLY.
That is the information you use to configure the 9710 to ADSM.