ADSM-L

Re: NT client - ntuser.dat?

1997-06-16 12:31:12
Subject: Re: NT client - ntuser.dat?
From: Michael R Vogt <vogt AT AUK.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:31:12 -0400
> What we do to cover this case (a recommendation from IBM level 2) is to
> create a bat file with this command:  DSMC REGBACK USER CURUSER.  That is the
> command to back up the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry keys to /adsm.sys.  We put
> this .bat file in the user's startup group.   When that user logs on, the
> DSMC command will do the logical backup of that user's profile as the
> "CURRENT_USER".

When I do this and that user logs on, she gets the following message:

ANS4426E An error occurred creating the Backup Registry Directory structure

The following messages appear in dsmerror.log:

fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize(C:\adsm.sys\Registry\H017026\Machine) failed
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 1314 from fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize
fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize(C:\adsm.sys\Registry\H017026) failed
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 1314 from fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize
fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize(C:\adsm.sys\Registry) failed
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 1314 from fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize
fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize(C:\adsm.sys) failed
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 1314 from fioGetAttrib(): getFileSecuritySize

Any ideas how I can fix this?

TIA,

Michael