ADSM-L

Re: AS/400

1997-06-16 10:22:06
Subject: Re: AS/400
From: "Curtis J. Pogue" <cpogue AT PCISYS DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:22:06 -0600
Dennis' information sounds good.  The 3570 is another issue.  We are using
one and our biggest problem is that ADSM seems to not know how much data a
3570 can hold, it only fills the tape to about 80%.  Our first two PTF's
were to allow ADSM to see the 3570 tape library.  I installed the volumes
and library information on ADSM using the updated instructions sent by
ADSM.  I am now working with level two support and they say that there may,
in fact, be a problem with ADSM not recognizing the tape drive size
correctly.  I can't use the WKRDEVADSM command to install the 3570 pool and
class, I had to use the AS/400 admin command line.  I haven't heard
anything from ADSM as of yet, but I will make there findings available as
soon as there is a fix.

Curtis J. Pogue
US Olympic Committee
One Olympic Plaza