ADSM-L

Defining archive schedules

1997-06-13 12:13:14
Subject: Defining archive schedules
From: Betty Simonis <BETTY_SIMONIS AT DSC.UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:13:14 -0400
Hello all,

I am having a problem with defining an archive backup schedule on our
MVS server. The server is at level 2.1.0.10, and I'm trying to define
an archive schedule for an AIX 4.1.4 client with ADSM level 2.1.0.5.
My problem is in defining the objects to be archived for the AIX client,
and I'm getting an error on the server, ANR0484W, when I test the
archive schedule. The message manual says that ANR0484W is complaining
about "protocol violation detected".

Anyway, I tried defining the objects both through the gui interface and
in the command line interface, but it doesn't make any difference. I've
tried to define the objects parm in the define schedule command as
this:

object="/*,/var/*,/usr/local/*,/home/*"

When using the gui interface, I simply used: /* /var/* /usr/local/* /home/*
I know I'm doing something wrong here in specifying the objects to be
backed up, but everything I've read seems to say this should work. BTW, I
am also specifying -subdir=yes in the options parm when defining the
archive schedule.

I checked the adsm log on the client, and found an error saying "directory
path not found", after the server had backed up /*. The rest of the
objects were then skipped, and the archive failed.

Thanks in advance if you can give me any helpful suggestions here!

Betty Simonis
University of Michigan
Data Systems Center
email: betty_simonis AT dsc.umich DOT edu