ADSM-L

Re[2]: restore one client's data to another

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Re[2]: restore one client's data to another
From: Sherry L Jackson
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Can you explain this further?  is the -node=3Dxxxxx the node that
     doesn't exist any longer or the node that you want to restore the
data
     to?

     Sherry Jackson

_________________________________
Subject: Re: restore one client's data to another
Author:  David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM> at Internet
Date:    6/11/97 9:05 AM

Tim,
Use the -node option on the dsm or dsmc command,as in,

  dsm -node=3Dxxxxx

At 10:24 AM 6/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>How would I restore data from a client that no longer exists to another
>client.  The client's in question are AIX, as well as the server.  The
>backup data still exists, but the old node has been dismantled and can =
no
>longer be brought up to do the grant of restore to another node.  Are
>there any administrative commands to perform this?
>
>Tim VanGompel      Technical Services
>extension    7129    direct  (414)496-7129
>GroupWise  ttectv1 e-mail  tvangomp AT shopko DOT com
>"The Pack is Back in Titletown"

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.