ADSM-L

Re[2]: Checkin scratch volume errors

1997-06-12 15:26:29
Subject: Re[2]: Checkin scratch volume errors
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:26:29 -0500
     I'm not sure how much different the workings of the 7331 are, but I'm
     using a 3494, and have the same thing occur.  The solution was:

     1. have the atl do an inventory update
     2. have adsm do an audit library
     3. do a q libv <libname> <volser>  to see if it's already known
     4. do a checkin libv <libname> <volser> stat=pri

     It seems like the tape in question got out of the atl physical
     inventory.  On the 3494 this can be done by manually yanking a vol
     from a storage slot, without doing a checkout, then inserting the tape
     back into the input slot in the atl manually.

     Hope this helps,
     Al Barth