ADSM-L

Re: RS/6000 (SP2) Hardware Reqts for ADSM Server

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Re: RS/6000 (SP2) Hardware Reqts for ADSM Server
From: Michael Louie
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Peter,

Are you getting 25GB/hr using 2 drives backing up the Oracle SAP R/3??

At 09:12 AM 6/12/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello Eric,
>
>I run my adsm server (2.1.0.12) on an IBM RS6000 SP 'wide' node that =
has
512mb of memory and 3 internal 4.5 gb scsi disks. There are also 2 =
3590's
and an 8mm 7131 tape library (dont use this in anger anymore) attached =
this node. These requirements are more than adequate for our needs. We
basically use adsm to backup the other nodes in the SP complex (3 =
frames,
12 thins, 1 wide and 7 high nodes) and at this point do not backup any =
of
the windows NT server but evil forces in my company plan to do this in =
the
near future (shudder). The main workload for our adsm server is Oracle =
SAP
R/3 backups via IBM's backint. At his point in time I can get around 25
gb/hour though I belive this can be improved with some tuning and =
fiddling.

>So , I am quite happy with our current adsm sever configuration though
more dasd would be good and a 3494 tape robot wouldn't hurt either !.