ADSM-L

Re: Full backup whit client NT

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Re: Full backup whit client NT
From: Gerald Schaefer [SMTP:Gerald.Schaefer AT URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Thanks to Juraj for the really interesting 8 points.

Maybe there is one more (unfortunately/lucky I have not a deep knowledge
of WindowsNT but maybe I know the mentioned monoplostics company):

9) Customer want to use their favourite programs at any time. Consider
the case, that a customer wants to have a new application added.
You install the application (the installation script (over)writes
some fine DLL's to WINNT\systems32\... ) and afterwards you will
have some trouble with crashs of older applications.
Maybe it's a good (timesaving?) practice to check all running
applications before installing new ones and to ARCHIVE the
WINNT tree before the installation.

If I'm wrong, please tell me the right.

Kind Regards

    Gerald Schaefer

Dipl.-Inform. Gerald Schaefer   email: gerald.schaefer AT urz.uni-heidelberg
DOT de
Dipl.-Inform. Gerald Schaefer   email: gerald.schaefer AT urz.uni-heidelberg
DOT de
University Computing Center     WWW:   http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~x09/
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293         phone: +49 (6221) 54 5452
D 69120 Heidelberg              fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581
I am a realistic optimist - that's why I appear to be slightly pessimistic
I am a realistic optimist - that's why I appear to be slightly pessimistic