ADSM-L

Re: PTF 13 on AIX 2.1 server

1997-06-11 04:39:38
Subject: Re: PTF 13 on AIX 2.1 server
From: Martin Wendel <martin.wendel AT ITS.UU DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:39:38 +0200
> What happens when you use the DLT7000 drives?  Won't ADSMSCSI talk to them?
>
> Kelly

Defining them as ADSM drives in smit fails. It could be it's just the
vendor string not being recognized (7000). I haven't tried making
the drive definitions with 4000 drives and replacing them with 7000
drives using the 4000 definitions. It might work but this is a
production system so I'm not willing to experiment to much.

They are picked up as raw tape devices by AIX, so it's just ADSM
that won't accept them.