ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Due to corporate requirements, I am attempting to archive our 8 Novell
4.1 servers directly to tape once a month.  I would like to have them all
on contiguous tape(s).  On the client I load the following:

Load DSMC SCHEDULE -Passwword=XXXXX.

I don't want to have to go to the client and change the load command.  I
would like the client to access the server and either perform an
incremental or archive.

In order for me to get the archive to work I had to place the novell
volume names as objects in the archive schedule.  However, this works
fine for only one node.  If I try more than one node the first node tries
to connect to the second node remotely and back it up through the first
node.  So since this didn't work I created a schedule for each node.
 However, when the archives ran each node went to a different scratch
tape.  Is there any way that I can send all of the archives to one tape
or contiguous tapes using different schedules?

Thanks,

Robert Merriman
Unity Health Systems
St. Louis, Mo.