ADSM-L

Re: Adsm Macintosh Client Backup Failures

1997-06-09 11:42:37
Subject: Re: Adsm Macintosh Client Backup Failures
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:42:37 -0600
Brett,

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, this Mac's TCP/IP stack is
communicating via TokenRing (16 Mbs) adapter.

Are you the "Brett in client dev" referred to in PMR 25666,302 (which I've
opened for this problem)?

Also, because this is our only TCP/IP application, we'd like to try to
exercise the IP stack using something besides ADSM.  I'm hoping we can
develop a test using FTP.  Do you have any suggestions for an FTP test
which would simulate the way that ADSM works?  Would multiple FTP GETs or
PUTs be a good simulation; I might even be able to come up with a single
large file which could be transmitted to/from the workstation.  Any
suggestions?