ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24

I agree with what the other messages said....Make your backup window longer and things will restart.  However, we have had experiences where backups are running and the ADSM server itself crashed and was restarted.  In this case, backups that were actively backing up tend to 'hang'  and the schedules on the clients need to be restarted, especially the NT clients.  Other client backups that did not start yet will pick up during their window once ADSM is back up.

Angel Boles

Westinghouse Electric
(412) 642-5944
Win 272-5944
bolesav AT westinghouse DOT com

    ----------
    From:   Peter Thomas[SMTP:Peter_Thomas AT manulife DOT com]
    Sent:   Thursday, June 05, 1997 2:16 PM
    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject:        ADSM / Scheduled Backups

    From: Peter Thomas on 06/05/97 02:16 PM

    If I have a client machine that has a backup scheduled to happen at say
    11:00 PM, the backup commences but for some reason the server "crashes"
    before the backup completes, is there any way of having ADSM "reschedule"
    that backup so it runs again upon completion?

    Right now, I have the clients operating in SCHEDMODE POLLING, with TCP/IP
    as the communications protocol, a Query Schedule period of 1 hour. The
    Scheduled events are defined to have a 1 hour duration and occur daily.

    What can I do to ensure that if the client crashes during the execution of
    the event and restarts itself (along with the scheduler) that the event is
    retriggered?

    Thanks

    Peter Thomas
    Manulife Financial