ADSM-L

ADSM / Scheduled Backups

1997-06-05 14:16:50
Subject: ADSM / Scheduled Backups
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:16:50 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 06/05/97 02:16 PM

If I have a client machine that has a backup scheduled to happen at say
11:00 PM, the backup commences but for some reason the server "crashes"
before the backup completes, is there any way of having ADSM "reschedule"
that backup so it runs again upon completion?

Right now, I have the clients operating in SCHEDMODE POLLING, with TCP/IP
as the communications protocol, a Query Schedule period of 1 hour. The
Scheduled events are defined to have a 1 hour duration and occur daily.

What can I do to ensure that if the client crashes during the execution of
the event and restarts itself (along with the scheduler) that the event is
retriggered?

Thanks

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial