ADSM-L

dsmc a - Monthly Archive

1997-06-04 17:03:22
Subject: dsmc a - Monthly Archive
From: Francisco Franco <francisco.franco AT HYDRO.ON DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:03:22 -0400
Hi Folks,

I am running 2.1.0.12/0.12 of the server and 2.1.06 of the client
on AIX 3.2.5.  At the end of every month we perform an archive of
the filesystems and store the offsite in order to perform a point
in time image.

We only recently started to do this.  However, I have noticed that
some file systems stop with the following message:

+++
ANS4266E Encountered bad mount or filesystem, processing stopped.
Total number of objects inspected:    3,200
Total number of objects archived:     2,923
+++

Looking into this, I found the following message in the dsmerro.log
file:

+++
06/04/97   16:07:58  OpenDB:PrepareAccess-2 Cannot open database lock
file /home/misc2/.SpaceMan/premigrdb.dir: No such file or directory
06/04/97   16:07:58  Cannot get migration status of
/home/misc2/epanyan/bb_90%/unit_6/th/50%pd_w/raw/FL2.ZW4
06/04/97   16:07:58  ANS4266E Encountered bad mount or filesystem,
processing st
opped.
+++

The file system I was doing the archive was called "/home/misc2".  Just
a regular jfs file system.  Looking at the file itself I found that the
file was linked:

+++
root@MAR:/home/misc2/epanyan/bb_90%/unit_6/th/50%pd_w/raw:20$ll FL2.ZW4
lrwxrwxrwx   1 epanyan  staff         59 May 30 15:15 FL2.ZW4@ ->
/u/thy/sys/jhoskins/LBLOCA/BB/94%FPUR/SOURCE/13NODE/FL2.ZW4
+++

The file that it is linked to is a file system that is HSM managed in
the same machine.  Therefore going to the directory and doing a dsmls
on the file in question, I get the following result:

+++
root@MAR:/u/thy/sys/jhoskins/LBLOCA/BB/94%FPUR/SOURCE/13NODE:5$dsmls
FL2.ZW4
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
space management Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.6
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1996, All Rights Reserved.

   Actual  Resident  Resident  File   File
     Size      Size  Blk (KB)  State  Name
   874116    874116       856  r      FL2.ZW4
+++

It's just a link, and there are other links in the same filesystem
which are not linked to an HSM managed filesystem and it has not
trouble with those.  There are a total of 4 other file systems
in addition to this one which exhibit the same thing.

Has anybody else run into this and found a solution, or do I
have to open up a call with tech support?

TIA

Francisco
x9477
--
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca