ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:23
     Even though our AIX ADSM environments were our first to be created, we
     (I) have only tested recovery of our MVS environment(s).
     Now our diskpool is dumped to a tapepool that is itself offsite so we
     don't use copypool (thank god 'cause they beat the heck out of our
     servers)
     BUT
     you'll find these things helpful...
     (were the different server environments naturally have different
     requirements in general, some things MIGHT be excessive but work !)
     1) a copy of your device configuration file ! (so you can read your
        db backup tape)
     2) a "q dbvol f=d"
     3) a "q logvol f=d"
     4) a "q volume dev=disk"
     5) a 'as current as can be had' copy of your volume history file
        OR a "q volhist" OR BOTH !
        I keep a copy of the volhist for layout examples and then every
        3 hours on a remote box run a "q volhist begind=today begint=00:00"
        you can always type entries in by hand but you can't pull the info
        from thin air !

     *Make replacement db & log files the same size as origionals
     *Start small & build  ie. create your 1st db & log files as on your
        origional environment & start adsm... diskpool, we don't need no
        stinking diskpool
     *With a running ADSM, add additional DB & LOG files to match the lost
        environment
     *RESTORE THE DB
     *Do voodoo magic to DELETE EXPECTED TO EXIST DISKPOOL VOLUMES !
        (ie see the book on your server platform)
     *Start ADSM and now worry about a diskpool, auditing seq. vols., etc.

     GOOD LUCK

     it really isn't that bad.

     later
          Dwight