ADSM-L

Re: Win Nt Registry restore

1997-06-03 05:49:37
Subject: Re: Win Nt Registry restore
From: postman <postman AT EPDS.UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:49:37 +0100
Julie Phinney wrote:

> OK, my internet friends.. If I can't restore WIN NT if the cpu and
> hard drive are not the same (and I have to assume in a disaster
> situation our replacement hardware wouldn't be the same)  then I
> have to reinstall Win Nt first.  I assume at that point I can restore
> the data.  But how about the registry?  Perhaps just some pieces of
> it?  If I restore it to another directory then copy it over?
> Thanks for all your help!
> Julie Phinney
> JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM

Have you tried the Windows Nt resource kit? I know that seagate backup
exec has the option of backing up the registry to tape.

Mark Smiles                         Tel: +44 -(0)1628-587204  Grenfell
House
                                    FAX: +44 -(0)1628-587221  Grenfell Road
IBM Exploration Production Solutions                          Maidenhead
E-Mail: postman AT epds.uk.ibm DOT com  mds AT epds.uk.ibm DOT com
Berkshire
SL6 1ES