ADSM-L

Re: HELP !!!!- EMERGENCY!

1997-05-31 20:57:33
Subject: Re: HELP !!!!- EMERGENCY!
From: David Bohm <bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 20:57:33 -0400
Hello Joe:

The short answer is yes, it looks like you need to restore your data base from
the
most current backup.

In addition a suggestion so that hopefully you will not see this problem
again in the future.
First, I assume that the ADSM server was still running when the system was
IPLed.
I do recommend that you halt the ADSM server before an IPL.  I understand that
in
an EPO situation the server can not be halted first.  In that case you need to
use ADSM
mirroring on your recovery log.  I also recommend using
MIRRORWRITE LOG SEQUENTIAL
in the server options file along with the mirroring of the recovery log.  This
will have a
performance impact but will improve recoverability after an EPO situation or
even an
IPL without halting the server.  I do not know how much of a performance impact
you
will see with the MIRRORWRITE LOG SEQUENTIAL option.  If anyone has done any
testing and has some performance numbers on that I would be interested in
knowing.

Hope this helps
David Bohm