ADSM-L

Unlabeled Tape Causing Problems with ADSM Server

1997-05-30 16:55:03
Subject: Unlabeled Tape Causing Problems with ADSM Server
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 13:55:03 PDT
>(2) Have I lost the copies of the data that ADSM had on the tape??
>Or when I did the discarddata=yes (since it was a COPYPOOL tape)
>did ADSM mark the files so that they were recopied on a
>subsequent backup storagepool command?? (I looked in the manual,
>and it's really not clear in this situation, since my destroyed
>tape was a COPYPOOL tape, and ADSM thought it was a good tape
>and would not mark it as damaged or destroyed.)

If you use Delete Volume Discarddata=Yes to delete a volume from a copy
storage pool, all database references to copies residing on that volume
are deleted.  It is as if those files had never been backed up to
that copy storage pool.  The next time you back up the storage pool(s)
in which the primary copies of the files reside, new backup copies will
be created in the copy storage pool.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Server Development