ADSM-L

SQL-Backtrack vs. Scheduled Incremental backup

1997-05-29 09:34:00
Subject: SQL-Backtrack vs. Scheduled Incremental backup
From: Bill Koeneman <KoenemaB AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:34:00 -0500
     We have encountered the following situation:
1)SQL Backtrack is fired up at 4:00 A.M. by Cron to backup several
Sybase databases
2)ADSM scheduler fires up the Unix file system incremental backup at
4:00 A.M. also

We see entries in the activity log that show "ANR0480W connection with
client severed"  for both  the SQL backtrack and the scheduler session.
Are the sessions interfering with one another? If so, how can we avoid
the conflict?

Thanks Bill Koeneman
                Koch Industries