ADSM-L

Re: Migrating from MVS V1 to V2

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: Re: Migrating from MVS V1 to V2
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/28/97 12:17AM
If memory serves, the DUMP DB command was documented in the version 1
Installation manual (not the in the admin reference, which would seem
logical.....)

The migration itself did not take long - starting V2 with the Upgrade parm
just takes a couple of minutes as all it does is mark some things in the DB
to the effect that you are now running V2.  All of the stuff you would expect
to see in the DB such as nodes, schedules, etc.  are all there.  We did the
upgrade as part of an MVS maintenance upgrade, and it went very smooth.

I don't have any old V1 manuals, and my MVS collection CD doesn't have the
installation manual on it, so I'm afraid I can't help with the syntax for the
DUMP DB command.  You might look in the Samplib ANR member, or perhaps the
command line admin client has some help information in it?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/28/97 12:17 AM

Another thought further to this.  Does using the DB Upgrade parameter
also mean that all the definitions (i.e. schedules, nodes, etc) are all
carried across to the V2 server?