ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & AutoSys / Maestro

1997-05-27 15:07:09
Subject: Re: ADSM & AutoSys / Maestro
From: Bil McKinley <Bil_McKinley AT PCMAILGW.ML DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 15:07:09 -0400
     We chose NOT to use an outside scheduler for ADSM functions, although
     we DO USE Autosys for a great many things.

     Our reasoning was that there is no internal command response to the
     status of the backups from ADSM, and we use Tivoli to issue an ADSM
     command "Q EV <domain> <schedule> ..." to alert us via pager's when
     errors occur.

     When using Autosys, this command has no meaning.

     It was ONE way to go out of many.  The real choice will be up to you
     once you have compiled a list of pro's and con's.

     Bil McKinley
     Merrill Lynch & Company
     212.647.2083
     BIL_MCKINLEY AT ML DOT COM